A simple wholesome cake studded with fresh peaches and a crumbly topping.
I love summer for all its bounty – the beautiful cherries, luscious mangoes, juicy melons just to name a few. But, I especially love peaches.
It is composed of a simple batter with peaches mixed in and some arranged on top along with a sprinkling of crumble that melts into the cake when baked and creates pockets of gooey deliciousness.
Nothing fancy, but oh so tasty!
This Fresh Peach Cake is the perfect way to show off the season’s juiciest peaches. Whether you pair it with a cup of tea or a dollop of cream, it will be hard to eat just one slice.
Fresh Peach Cake
· 1/4 cup (31g) all-purpose flour
· 1/4 cup (50g) packed brown sugar
· 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
· 2 Tbsp (30g) butter, melted
· 2 large peaches, sliced thinly
· optional: icing sugar for dusting
· 6 Tbsp (85 grams) butter, at room temperature
· 1 1/2 cups (188 grams) all-purpose flour
· 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
· 1/4 tsp salt
· 1 cup (200 grams) granulated sugar
· 1 large egg, at room temperature
· 1/2 cup (118 ml) milk, at room temperature
· 1 tsp (5 ml) vanilla extract
· 1 large peach, peeled and chopped into small chunks
Preheat oven to 180˚C. Grease a round Pyrex dish or a 9 inch cake pan
Make the topping: With a fork, mix the flour, brown sugar, and cinnamon together. Stir in the melted butter until crumbs form. Set aside.
Make the cake: In a bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
In a large bowl, beat butter and sugar until pale and fluffy with an electric mixer, about 3-5 minutes.
Mix in egg, milk and vanilla until just combined.
Add dry mixture gradually, mixing until just smooth. Stir in the chopped peaches.
Transfer batter into prepared pan and smooth with spatula.
Arrange sliced peaches on top of batter, in a single layer. Sprinkle the crumb topping on top.
Bake cake until golden brown about 45 to 50 minutes. Let cool in pan before slicing. Dust with icing sugar and serve.
<span>%d</span> bloggers like this: