Running a Ramzan recipe streak on the blog without having a pasta recipe in it? How could I! 😮
Pasta is the most eaten, loved, and yearned thing at my household. Every other aftari will see to a bowl of either spaghetti or penne.
And if you follow me on Snapchat, then you won’t be surprised by how cray cray my family is over pasta.
This pasta is nothing like the others. As its name indicates, it’s Hawaiian! Albeit with a cheeky (cheesy) twist on it. The perfect mingle between spicy and sweet.
And as you might have guessed, it has…pineapples in it!
Spicy chicken sausages paired with the sweet syrupy pineapples…makes for one delicious pasta.
It is SO simple. I know I say that every single time. But trust me. Just a handful of ingredients, and presto, you have an entire meal in front of you.
Put your pasta on a boil, and start slicing them sausages. Make this pasta for aftari today. I know you’ll love it. 😀
1 packet uncooked pasta
2 tablespoon oil
1/2 cup chopped onion
3 large garlic cloves, minced
3-4 chicken sausages, sliced
1/4 cup tomato paste
1 cup chicken broth
1 teaspoon dried oregano
1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary
1 teaspoon granulated sugar
1 teaspoon salt, leveled
½ teaspoon crushed black pepper
½ teaspoon crushed red chili flakes
1 cup canned pineapple tidbits
1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
1. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain and set aside.
2. In a large pan, heat the oil until hot. Add the onion and fry until they start to soften and become transparent. Add the garlic and the sausages, cook till golden brown.
3. Add the tomato paste, chicken broth, oregano, sugar, salt, ground black pepper, and red chili flakes. Stir. When it comes to a boil, add in the pasta and pineapple.
4. Stir until incorporated. Top with cheese and cover with lid. Cook until the cheese melts.
5. Garnish with freshly chopped coriander leaves.
6. Serve immediately.
Adjust the salt, black pepper, and chili flakes according to your taste.